After about 5 years of use you have to replace the key fob battery. Here’s how!
- With the Key Fob placed button side down on a soft surface, release the bottom cover.
- Remove the battery by lifting it away from the retaining clips.
- While avoiding touching the battery’s flat surfaces, insert the new battery (type CR2032) with the ‘+’ side facing up.
Note: CR2032 batteries can be purchased through online retailers, local supermarkets and drug stores.
- Holding the bottom cover at an angle, align the tabs on the cover with the corresponding slots on the Key Fob, then press the cover firmly onto the Key Fob until it snaps into place.
- Test that the key fob works by unlocking and locking your vehicle.
This tip is from Tesla.com DIY page. You can find this page with more Do It Yourself tips here.
This tip is from the author and owner of this website, Remie Cremers. Find me on LinkedIn. Are you buying a Tesla? Feel free to use my referral link for 1000 miles of free Supercharging! https://ts.la/remie90440